Preskoči na vsebino



Which level of proficiency in English is required of the applicants?

We require proof of B1-level proficiency in English or higher

Where can I get the confirmation of my English proficiency?

We accept English proficiency certificates (English language school certificate), English tests from your faculties (at the department of English language), CEFR scores at level B1, TOEFL scores at level B1.

Do you accept OLS scores?

No, we cannot accept them. We accept CEFR scores at level B1, TOEFL scores at level B1.

Is my graduation certificate acceptable if it includes English at level B1?

Yes, we can accept it if your faculty coordinator writes an assessment and you attach both documents (graduation scores in English and faculty coordinator’s assessment).

Will courses be held in English? In the Course Catalogue, only Slovene is specified.

All courses offered in the course catalogue will be conducted strictly and only in English, even if Slovene is specified as the language of the courses


Which documents do I need?

You need six documents: Application form (LA), statement, EMŠO number (i.e., Slovenian personal identification number), English certificate at level B1, transcript of records and OLA (Online Learning Agreement)

Where can I find my EMŠO number?

Emšo is (Unique Master Citizen Number) which is obligatory for everyone who lives in Slovenia.

Before arrival you can apply for Emšo number by filling out the Emšo form. You will recieve your Emšo after your arrival, you will also need it for the resident permit.

What kind of document is the TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS?

It is a document indicating the courses you have already completed. It is needed to connect you with the corresponding administrative unit at your faculty.

Is the application form actually your Learning Agreement?

Yes. We require that document. Firstly will out our Learning Agreement, it does not need to be signed by your faculty coordinator, it will be used for our own evidences only. After you should wait for our approval of Learning agreement. When approved, we will ask you to fill out OLA (Online Learning Agreement). It must be exact to Learning Agreement that you sent to us.

My University requires submitting our own version of the LA document. Is it possible to send you both your LA and our LA to for signing?

Yes. We will sign both versions of the LA. But the courses in both have to be the same and they have to contain all the required signatures. We will be the last to sign the documents.

I cannot complete Table B in the Application form. What should I do?

Table B is not obligatory, you can leave it empty.

When can I expect Acceptance Letter?

10 days after you fullfil OLA (Online Learning Agreement)


Where can I find the Course Catalogue?

You can find the ourse Catalogue on our webpage:

Can I choose courses from the faculty webpage?

No, you can only choose courses from the Course Catalogue, because these are offered only for Erasmus students and are conducted in English. All other subjects are for the regular students of the University of Maribor.

Can I choose courses from the Course Catalogue that are conducted by different faculties?

Yes, you can choose courses under TWO different faculties (one is your primary and the other one is optional)

How many courses conducted by the second faculty can I attend?

The majority of your selected courses has to be conducted by the primary faculty.

How many ECTS can I choose for one semester?

We suggest you choose around 30 ECTS.

How can I check courses for the correct semester?

Check the correct semester in the Course Catalogue ( or in the application when choosing courses (there is an info button in the right corner.

Course Catalogue and Student exchange subjects do not match, what should I do?
  • Course Catalogue and Student exchange subjects should match. Always pay attention if subject is available on bachelor or master program. If you do not find it on any of those write us an email on:


Where can I find information about accommodation?

We provide help with accomodation search for Erasmus students. You will recieve all the necessary information after you recieve acceptance letter from us.

Before booking your accomodation be sure that is valid, if you are in the doubts write an email to: and we will try to answer your questions.

Do you help students with accommodation or do we make accomodation arrangements by ourselves?

Yes, we provide help to students who are seeking for accomodation. After you recieve acceptance letter we will send you an email with all the datails about the accomodation in student dormitory. If you prefer privat accomodation, you can write an email to:

Do you offer rooms in the student dormitory?

Yes, we offer rooms in the Student Dormitories of the University of Maribor. (

Can I apply for a room at the Student Dormitories of the University of Maribor?

You can apply after you are accepted to Erasmus mobility. You will receive the application together with the Acceptance letter.

Is there enough rooms for students?

Usually, we have enough rooms for all exchange students.

Can I share a room with my friend?

Yes, it is possible to express your wishes in the application for the accomodation.


Should I submit the documents for the residence permit before my arrival?

No. You don’t have to submit any documents yet. You do it at the University of Maribor when you arrive.

Where can I get my EMŠO number?

You will get it from the faculty during the enrollment procedure.

I have a visa. Do I also need a residence permit card?

Yes, you also need a residence permit card, but you don’t have to submit all the documents yet. You do it at the University of Maribor when you arrive.